Thursday, May 8, 2014

X-Men Trilogy

X-Men Trilogy


X-Men Trilogy

Posted:

X-Men Trilogy (X-Men / X2: X-Men United / X-Men: The Last Stand) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
By Patrick Stewart

I got to hand it to Fox, they really mastered this blu-ray trilogy. I was unimpressed by the lack of the Spider-man trilogy's special features. I think anything being re-released onto blu-ray should have something new besides video and sound quality. This box set is almost overloaded with features that kept me watching for hours and hours.

I found some of the features to repeat themselves, but for the most part they were worthwhile. My absolute favorite was the one-hour special on the history of X-men comics found on the X3 special features disc. I felt that alone gave me the ultimate satisfaction for purchasing this set. I had the previous dvd copies, and this was a huge step in the right direction. Thank you Fox!

Your blu-ray quality is about what you would expect for the series. The first movie was in 2000 so I was most interested in that transfer. X-men had the most apparent positive transfer. The other films have your standard blu-ray quality. I wouldn't necessarily rate the films individually because you have all seen them by this point. It is a great trilogy, with a rough third part. I enjoyed the Singer movies a lot more than Brett Ratner's take.

If you're looking for a feature-packed blu-ray boxed-set this is a must have. Don't buy in to those empty box trilogies they put out with nothing on them. They will release a better version in time and it will aggravate you that you didn't wait. I give my example on the Spider-man trilogy. Will all these movies being such great hits, I can comparitively say that 20th Century Fox really did us justice on this release, and I hope more distribution companies recognize the bar that they have set.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2